Nothing could be easier than pouring a tall glass of Lifeway Kefir for a refreshing, and healthy dessert (except for taking a swig straight from the bottle!), but during the holidays, it’s nice to make things a little extra fancy. Fancy doesn’t have to equal complicated or time consumig, though! Our recipe for Cranberry Crème Brulee Mousse requires no baking and contains no heavily processed ingredients. It has a tart and tangy flavor that will please the most discerning kefir fan, yet remains sweet, rich and decadent – it’s sure to please a crowd.
No special torch is required with all the delicious crème brûlée flavor in our special holiday edition Cranberry Crème Brûlée Kefir. If you’d l ike a sweet crunch, we suggest using a hard candy like peanut brittle and making a crumb topping to sprinkle on top. If you can’t find our holiday flavors (including Pumpkin Spice and new Eggnog!) ask your friendly dairy manager to bring some in on their next order, or substitute with one of our red berry flavors like Raspberry, Strawberry or Pomegranate.
Cranberry Crème Brûlée Kefir Mousse
Makes 6 generous servings
- 14 oz all-natural cranberry jelly
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Lifeway Lowfat Cranberry Crème Brulee Kefir*
- 1 cup peanut brittle for topping (optional)
Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cranberry jelly and sugar and beat on high until well combined. In a separate bowl, whip cream and kefir until soft peaks form (it helps to start with a chilled bowl). Add whipped cream into cranberry mixture and fold six times, so swirls of cranberry remain.
Spoon into crème brulee dishes and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving to set, or overnight. Sprinkle with peanut brittle topping (below), if desired.
Optional Peanut Brittle Topping: Using a food processor, chop the peanut brittle into crumbs.
* Our Special Edition Lowfat Cranberry Crème Brulee Kefir is only available during October, November and December. That being said, for a delicious mousse that has it’s own special flavor, use any of our other berry-flavored kefir, or Lifeway Lowfat Madagascar Vanilla Kefir.
jogos de vestirJessica Simpson Launches Prom Dress Fashion Line