While there is no shortage of recipes for coleslaw on the internet, we can’t help but think our Apple, Poppy Seed and Kefir Coleslaw stands out. Crisp apples, crunchy cabbage and a light, tangy dressing made with our probiotic kefir come together in a guilt-free dish that satisfies even the biggest ‘slaw skeptics.
- 3 Tbsp Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup green, julienned
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine red and green cabbage, carrot, and apple.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Lifeway Low Fat Plain kefir, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and poppy seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir well until combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Serve cold.
- Feel free to substitute Lifeway Whole Milk Plain Kefir for the Lowfat Plain Kefir for a slightly creamier dressing.