One avocado farmer cheese breakfast bagel to-go, please. Add an extra egg to make each bite of this delicious and easy recipe a filling combination you can have for any meal of the day.
The Good Kind of Fats
Half an avocado has around 115 calories and 6.7 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, which are crucial for brain development, linked to lower blood pressure, and may reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Vitamin C (6mg) – which supports immunity and tissue growth/repair
- Folate (60mg) – necessary for brain, nervous system and cardiovascular functions
- Vitamin K (14 mg) – essential for strong bones and blood clotting
- Vitamin E (1.3 mg) – an antioxidant that protects against free radical tissue damage (free radicals from cigarette smoke, air pollution, and ultraviolet light from the sun).
- Potassium (345 mg) – avocados contain more potassium than bananas. Potassium is linked to healthy blood pressure levels, bone health, and supports digestion.
- Fiber – half an avocado contains almost five grams of dietary fiber. This fiber not only helps you feel fuller longer (meaning less snacking throughout the day), but it also supports and helps regulate digestion. A win-win!
- Lutein and zeaxanthin – may help maintain healthy eye-sight.
- 1 whole grain bagel
- ¼ cup Farmer Cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small ripe avocado
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Slice bagel in half. Top one half with the seasoned avocado and the other with seasoned farmer cheese.
- Top with eggs and enjoy!