Our fresh Avocado, Tomato and Farmer Cheese Toast is perfect for a light breakfast or a snack. Quick, hearty and packed with flavor, enjoy it when tomatoes and avocados are at their finest!
- 1/3 cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 4 slices of rustic bread
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1-2 large slicing tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Cut the a avocado in half, remove the pit and scrape the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze roughly one tablespoon of lemon juice into the bowl and mash the avocado into a paste, leaving chunks as you desire. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes into ¼ inch thick rounds and chop or tear the basil into small pieces. Set both aside.
- To assemble, toast bread until slightly browned. Top each slice with Farmer Cheese then the avocado mash. Layer a few slices of tomatoes on top of the avocado. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with basil, sea salt and pepper. Serve.