Breakfast is served! Start your day off right with a hearty bowl of oatmeal, kefir and fresh berries. Stir in some flax seed, chia seeds and your favorite spices and you have a healthy meal that will keep your full for hours.
- 1 cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup thick rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 berries, fresh or frozen
- Pinch of sea salt
- Drizzle of honey
- Pepitas, sunflower seed or slivered almonds, to garnish
- In a small sauce pan, heat water until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer/medium and add chia seeds, flax seeds, salt, spices and oats.
- Cook, stirring often, until oats are softened and the mixture has gelled a bit. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes and for the seeds to soak up the water.
- In a separate sauce pan or microwave-safe bowl, heat berries until warm and soft.
- Spoon oat mixture into two bowls and stir in honey. Pour kefir over the porridge and top with berries and berry juice. Garnish with more spices, nuts and seeds. Serve immediately.