When you’re craving dessert but it’s too hot to turn on the oven, our no-bake Blueberry Farmer Cheese Cheesecake is just what you need! This creamy treat is full of simple ingredients, and when made in jars, is perfect for serving to guests!
- 16 oz Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 6-10 gluten-free shortbread cookies (see Notes)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Juice + zest of one lemon (~3 Tbsp juice)
- Gluten-free cookies, mint or shredded coconut, to garnish
- First make the crust: Using a food processor, pulse the cookies until they're evenly crumbled. Alternatively, you can place them in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Divide the crumbs evenly between six mason jars. Press down to pack and place in the refrigerator.
- To make the filling: In the base of a stand mixer or with a large bowl and electric beaters, mix together the Farmer Cheese, cream cheese, honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, ½ of the lemon zest, and the salt until smooth and fluffy.
- Take the mason jars out of the fridge and divide the filling equally among them, leaving room at the top for the blueberry mixture.
- Cover with lids or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or until ready to serve.
- Before serving: Bring the blueberries, sugar, and remaining lemon juice and zest to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the berries begin to burst and release their juices. Around 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator. To serve, top the chilled cheesecake cups with blueberry mixture as desired. Garnish with additional shredded coconut, mint or gluten-free cookies.
- The number of cookies needed depends on the size of the cookie you choose and how much crust you desire.
- To keep this crust gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free cookies. Alternatively, the date nut crust from this Raspberry Kefir Mousse Tart will keep the dessert grain-free.
- If the batter is too thick or needs some additional liquid to come together, add a splash or two of your favorite flavor of kefir!