This Butternut Squash Smoothie is the perfect blend of all things November: Plain Whole Milk Kefir with butternut squash, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla. We’re giving #SmoothieSaturday a holiday twist, topping this wonderment with raisins and nutmeg!
With hints of sweetness and a subtle nutty aroma, the butternut squash brings this smoothie together. It has more than four times the RDA of vitamin A, is rich in vitamin C, and a good source of manganese, potassium, and many more!
Often associated with power and prosperity, ginger has a rich history of being used to treat ailments, tracing back for over 5000 years. Its anti-inflammatory properties are well documented and may even prove to be effective in fighting certain cancers.
Learn more about the benefits of ginger!
- 1 cup Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup cubed frozen butternut squash, steamed works as well
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger or 1 inch root of grated ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Top with raisins and nutmeg