Servings: 4 to 6
Our Carrot Salad with Kefir Coriander Dressing is a lightened up summer salad that’s sure to be a hit at any weekend cookout!
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Honey Fig Low Fat Kefir
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp evaporated cane sugar or white sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lbs. small carrots
- 6 medium radishes
- 2 scallions or spring onions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toast walnuts: Toss walnuts with vegetable oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes until walnuts are light brown and smell toasty.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside to cool.
- Make dressing: Whisk together kefir, vinegar, coriander, salt and pepper. Let the flavors mingle in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. The dressing and walnuts can be prepared a day ahead.
- Slice radishes into thin half moons and scallions into long, thin pieces on a deep diagonal.
- Make carrot ribbons by slicing thinly on a mandolin or by making strips with a peeler.
- Make an ice water bath and using a colander, submerge carrots in the ice water for about 4 minutes, until they start to curl, then strain and pat dry (this step helps the dressing stick!).
- Toss together carrots, radishes, green onions and dressing together. Top with candied walnuts.