Our decadent Kefir Cashew Cream complements the tart cherries in our latest kefir smoothie bowl!
- Kefir Cashew Cream
- 1¼ cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- The Smoothie
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Pomegranate Acaí Low Fat Kefir
- 7oz acaí berry puree
- 2 medium banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup frozen dark cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced figs, banana, sliced roasted almond, pomegranate seeds as garnish
- Kefir Cashew Cream: Soak the raw cashews in a bowl of water completely submerged for about an hour, until softened, and then drain.
- Place coconut oil, vanilla extract, and plain kefir in a blender or food processor and blend completely.
- Add in cashews a little at a time and blend until creamy.
- The Smoothie: Add all of the ingredients for the smoothie into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached.
- To finish: Pour the smoothie into a bowl, top with desired garnishes, and drizzle with the Kefir Cashew Cream!