Can you have pie for breakfast? Absolutely, when you sip on our delicious and nutritious Cherry Pie Kefir Smoothie. Made with our creamy kefir and plump cherries, it’s dessert without the guilt.
- 1 cup Lifeway Cherry Low Fat Kefir
- 1 cup pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium banana, frozen and sliced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional, but recommended)
- Pinch of salt
- Crushed graham crackers, to garnish
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Cherries, to garnish
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the garnishes, to the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into one or two glasses and top with graham cracker crumbs, whipped cream and a cherry.
- Turn this sweet sensation into a smoothie bowl by adding a frozen banana or additional frozen cherries and blending until super thick. It's like eating a healthy cherry pie!