If you want your home to smell like autumn, this recipe is perfect for you! Our cinnamon roll kefir quick bread is moist, caramelized, and not too sweet. Swapping Plain Kefir for buttermilk adds protein and richness without the added fat, sugar, or calories. Top each slice with a vanilla skyr glaze and let the flavors melt together in perfect harmony.
- 1 cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Organic Natural Skyr
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a standard 9"-by-5" loaf pan
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, egg, kefir, and vanilla
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold together gently until ingredients are just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut sugar and cinnamon. Add the top of batter.
- Transfer the batter into loaf pan and shake the pan to make sure batter is evenly distributed. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Depending on your oven, this could take longer – just be sure to watch the loaf so it doesn’t burn.
- To make the skyr glaze, mix kefir, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined.
- When the toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Add glaze over loaf.
- Remove the loaf from the pan to slice and serve, or cool completely before wrapping in plastic wrap. Store at room temperature. Can be wrapped in aluminum and frozen for up to three months, as well.