Few things are as comforting as a warm slice of homemade bread! Our Cranberry Vanilla Kefir Quick Bread is exceptionally moist, subtly sweet and slightly indulgent. Just the way it should be!
- 1 cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 2 cups flour*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a standard 9"-by-5" loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, egg, kefir, and vanilla
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold together gently until ingredients are just combined. The batter should be wet and shaggy.
- Transfer the batter into loaf pan and shake the pan to make sure batter is evenly distributed. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Depending on your oven, this could take longer – just be sure to watch the loaf so it doesn’t burn.
- When the toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the pan to slice and serve, or cool completely before wrapping in plastic wrap. Store at room temperature. Can be wrapped in aluminum and frozen for up to three months, as well.
- We used bleached all-purpose flour, but feel free to experiment with bread, pastry flour or gluten-free flour