Katie Sampayo, #1 Bestselling Author of Eat to Thrive: The Anti-Diet Cookbook, shares with us her Strawberry Coconut Overnight Oats recipe. Be sure to head to her website for more tasty recipes and great health tips!
+ + +
Oats are a staple for me. I eat them EVERYDAY for breakfast. They’re loaded with fiber and healthy carbs, so you’ll actually stay full until your next meal. And staying full means less mindless snacking, which results in a healthier and more energized you!
When I’m in a rush, this strawberry coconut overnight oats recipe is my go-to breakfast! It takes less than 5 minutes to make and is perfect for those busier days. Once you prep these overnight oats, they’re done! You can grab them out of the fridge and eat them whenever your heart desires. Those “skipping breakfast days” are over!
Lifeway’s Plain Kefir adds extra protein and makes these oats creamy with a subtle tang. Since I am dairy-sensitive, I love Lifeway Kefir because it’s naturally up to 99% lactose free, making it an easy swap for yogurt products. It also has 12 powerful probiotic strains which may help improve digestion and gut health! AKA say goodbye to bloating! Well, that’s at least what it did for me. 😉
Plus…you can never go wrong with strawberries and coconut. Yum! It’s like a tropical island paradise in a cup. Enjoy!
+ + +
- ¼ cup Plain Low Fat Kefir
- ⅓ cup rolled whole oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- ¼ cup coconut milk, or unsweetened dairy-free milk of your choice
- ¼ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon of natural sweetener of your choice (honey, agave nectar, stevia)
- Mix the oats, flax seeds, and chia seeds in a small mason jar or bowl. Add the kefir and coconut milk. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the jar or cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- In the morning, remove the lid or plastic wrap. Top the oats with the strawberry slices and coconut flakes. Enjoy!