Try our Kefir Horchata, a probiotic twist on the Mexican classic. A favorite in the spring and summer, this vanilla-cinnamon rice drink is traditionally made with milk or plant-based alternatives. We developed the perfect Kefir-based horchata, so you can enjoy this traditional beverage with the added benefits of our probiotics.
- ½ cup Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar, to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Add the rice, cinnamon sticks, and water to a blender. Blend lightly until ingredients begin to break up.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Strain to remove the rice and cinnamon bits.
- Re-blend with kefir, vanilla, and sugar added.
- Serve chilled and garnish with ground cinnamon.