Subtly flavored by beautiful beet, our new Probiotic No-Bake Kefir Cheesecake is a creamy, decadent dessert that has far fewer calories than traditional versions. It’s a delightful way to celebrate the season of love.
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 16 oz Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small beet, steamed, peeled and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- To make the crust: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Stir in the melted coconut oil until well combined and distributed. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 6-8-inch spring form pan.
- To make the filling: Add the kefir, Farmer Cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, arrowroot starch and beet into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until extremely smooth (you don't want any chunks of beet left over).
- Pour the filling into the spring form pan on top of the crumb crust. Cover and place in the freezer for four hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, release the spring form pan and allow the cake to thaw for five minutes before cutting. Top with additional berries, seeds or chocolate hearts to your taste.
- Be sure to use gluten-free powdered sugar to keep this recipe gluten-free.
- Because our cheesecake doesn't have a lot of fat to give it structure, we add in one tablespoon of arrowroot starch, a natural thickener, to give it some body. You can read about what arrowroot starch and where it comes from here.