Our recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Kefir Glaze is a crowd-pleasing classic. We love them paired with a creamy glass of plain kefir for a comforting treat!
- 3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 1 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups old-fashion rolled oats
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a well seasoned baking stone.
- Cream together coconut oil/butter and sugar. Add the honey and mix well.
- Next, add the eggs, vanilla, and one tablespoon of kefir and stir until uniform.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flours, oats, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the raisins.
- While cookies bake, combine powdered sugar and the remaining three tablespoons of kefir in a small bowl. Stir the two together until no lumps remain.
- When the cookies are finished cooking, remove them from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for five minute then drizzle kefir glaze over warm cookies.
- Enjoy with a big glass of Lifeway Kefir!
- You can try subbing the whole wheat and all-purpose flour for your favorite gluten-free blend. Let us know how it goes if you do!