Pan-Seared Salmon Burgers with Tzatziki is an excerpt from Lifeway CEO Julie Smolyansky’s The Kefir Cookbook. This cookbook is a delicious collection of over 100 globally inspired sweet and savory recipes made with the probiotic-rich and nutrient-dense superfood kefir.
- 1 pound ground wild salmon
- 2 large brown eggs
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- juice of ½ lemon
- Maldon sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 brioche buns
- lemon wedges, for squeeze
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, eggs, shallots, dill, lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt. Form the salmon mixture into 4 equal patties.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is slightly shimmering, place the patties in the skillet and cook on one side until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the patties and finish cooking on the other side, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Divide the salmon burgers among four buns, topping each with tzatziki. Season very lightly with sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.