- 2 cups Strawberry Lowfat Kefir
- 8 fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- small pinch of sea salt
- strawberry and crushed roasted peanuts to garnish
- Clean the strawberries and remove the green tops. Slice them in half and add them to the pitcher of a food processor or blender. Pulse until thick. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Set aside to gel.
- Clean the pitcher and add the kefir, banana and peanut butter. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached, adding more kefir or ice, if needed.
- To serve: divide the strawberry chia seed mixture into two to three glasses. Pour over the smoothie and garnish with crushed peanuts, strawberries and chia seeds, if desired. Serve with a spoon or a wide straw and enjoy!