This flavorful pesto hummus is probiotic-packed with no preservatives or artificial flavorings. After one bite, you’ll never go back to store-bought brands.
- ¼ cup Lifeway Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 2½ cups cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed, if canned)
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ cup pickled banana peppers
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 Tbsp basil pesto to taste
- ½ a lemon, squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy. Serve with warm pita bread, crudités or crackers.
- This hummus also makes a great sandwich spread!