A surprisingly delicious take on a Middle Eastern classic, this Pomegranate Kefir Baba Ghanoush is a crowd pleaser every time!
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Slice eggplants in half and score the flesh in a ½ inch grid pattern, without cutting through the skin, and place skin side down on a sheet tray.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over the eggplants and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the oven to let cool (eggplant flesh will collapse while cooling).
- When the eggplant is cool, scoop the flesh out of the skin and into a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with olive oil and za’atar, sumac, or crushed thyme.
- Serve with pita and vegetables.