If holiday feasting has you in digestive distress, sip on this Probiotic Green Christmas Smoothie for some festive relief!
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Organic Raspberry Low Fat Kefir
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Organic Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup of raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Two large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp honey, optional
- Ice, as needed
- Chia seeds, to garnish
- For the red layer: Add the raspberry kefir, 1/2 of the banana and all of the raspberries into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached. Pour into two glasses and rinse the pitcher clean.
- For the green layer: Add the plain kefir, remaining banana, spinach and optional honey to the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached. Add ice as needed to reached desired thickness.
- Gently spoon the green smoothie on top of the red layer. Garnish with chia seeds or additional raspberries and enjoy!