Servings: 6 to 8
Warm, savory and full of Autumn’s flavors, our elegant Pumpkin Ravioli Kefir Alfredo is a dish that’s perfect for a special meal.
- ½ cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- ½ cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Wonton wrappers, for filling
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- For the Alfredo Sauce: Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add flour, stir until combined.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until sauce thickens.
- After the sauce thickens, remove it from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Whisk in kefir and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauce will continue to thicken as it stands. If sauce is too thick, add more kefir until desired texture is achieved.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree and Farmer Cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line wonton wrappers on a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface. Drop teaspoons full of cheese and pumpkin filling onto the center of each wrapper.
- Paint the edge of the wrapper with water and seal by placing an additional wrapper on top to cover the filling. Use your fingers to press out any air pockets.
- Square ravioli can be left as is or cut into festive shapes with a ravioli cutter or cookie cutter. If a cutter is used, be sure to press the edges of the ravioli to make sure it is sealed.
- To cook, boil in a large pot of salted water for 3‐5 minutes. Stir gently to separate them as they hit the water.
- Remove ravioli from pot with a slotted spoon and plate immediately. Pour Alfredo sauce over cooked ravioli, garnish with sautéed spinach and crushed pecans (if desired) and serve.
- Alternatively, serve simply drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper.