Our Raspberry and Nutella Overnight Oats is a decadent, yet not overly sweet, on-the-go breakfast. It features only four ingredients: whole grain oats, rich Nutella, tart and tangy kefir, and juicy raspberries. Our #NoSugarAdded plain kefir is the perfect companion for the indulgent Nutella.
Origins of Nutella
Piedmont, Italy; a mountainous landscape of hilltop castles and bountiful vineyards, is the home of Nutella. This rich and creamy chocolate-and-hazelnut spread was created by Pietro Ferrero, a local bakery owner in Alba, Piedmont. It was first sold under the name “Supercrema,” but was later renamed to Nutella. By 1964, this indulgent spread gained global fame and is now a kitchen staple in many homes.
Ludmila Smolyansky, co-founder of Lifeway, was one of the first importers of Nutella to the United States. Upon its opening in the late 70s, her delicatessen and importing business became a vibrant hub for foodies seeking international fare. Learn about Lifeway’s Nutella connection and more in The Kefir Cookbook by our CEO Julie Smolyansky.
- ½ cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 2-3 tbsp of Nutella
- handful of raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Mix the oats and kefir into a small mason jar or bowl. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the jar or cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- In the morning, remove the lid or plastic wrap and begin to layer.
- Start with a spoonful of your oats then add in the raspberries, Nutella, and more oats.
- Top with fresh raspberries and drizzle with Nutella