Our sparkling Elderberry Elixir Punch pairs perfectly with the smooth and spicy notes of rum. It’s slightly sweet with just enough bubbles to make every sip of this refreshing punch a cocktail to remember.
What are probiotics?
The word “probiotic” itself is often translated to “beneficial for life.” It is a derived from the Latin word “pro” meaning “for” and the Greek word “biotic” meaning “life.”
Breaking down the “microbiome”
The microbiome consists of microbes, or microorganisms, that live and colonize on everything from people, plants, the soil, animals, the oceans, etc. These microorganisms can affect us negatively like those nasty viruses that get you sick, but they can also be beneficial, like the probiotics found in kefir.
The human microbiome has many functions, such as helping us absorb nutrients from our food and protecting us against pathogens.
What do probiotics do?
Probiotics can help balance the microbiome by replenishing the good bacteria, which may lead to improved digestion and better immunity.
- 3 cups Elderberry Elixir: Organic Probiotic Beverage
- 6 cups lemonade
- 4 ounces Dark Rum
- 4 ounces White Rum
- 4 cups ice
- fruit for garnish (optional)
- Add ice to large pitcher (it should be about 1/3 full)
- Combine lemonade with rum
- Add sparkling elixir and mix gently
- Garnish individual glasses with fruit such as pineapple wedges, orange slices, or maraschino cherries if desired
- Top with ice or serve with glasses filled with ice