Get fancy with this decadent Strawberries & Cream Kefir Ombré Smoothie. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!Servings: 2
- 2 cups Lifeway Organic Strawberries and Cream Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- Large handful of fresh raspberries
- Optional: Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- In the pitcher of a high-powered blender, add the frozen banana, frozen strawberries, 1/3 cup of kefir, and a handful of raspberries. Blend on high until smooth, then pour 2/3 of the smoothie into two mason jars. Place in the freezer to prepare the next layer.
- For the next layer, do not rinse out the pitcher, but add another 2/3 cup of kefir to the leftover smoothie, plus ice as necessary for consistency. Blend on high until smooth. Remove mason jars from the freezer and pour 2/3 of the contents of the pitcher on top of the first smoothie layers.
- Return the mason jars one last time to the freezer and add the final 2/3 cup kefir into the pitcher. Blend with ice, as needed, until smooth.
- Remove the mason jars from the freezer and divide the contents of the pitcher between the two cups. Finish the smoothie with a final layer of plain kefir, frozen kefir, or whipped cream. Garnish with strawberries and sip in style!