Hearty buckwheat adds just enough bite to our simple Strawberry Banana Kefir Smoothie Bowl. It’s a springtime favorite you can enjoy throughout the year!
- 1 cup Lifeway Strawberry Banana Low Fat Kefir
- 1 medium banana, frozen and sliced + more to garnish
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen and sliced + more to garnish
- 2 Tbsp cooked buckwheat groats, optional
- Ice, if needed
- Add the kefir, one medium banana, and one cup of strawberries into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached (should be very thick).
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with buckwheat groats, sliced banana and sliced strawberries. Enjoy!
- Drink this smoothie on the go by adding additional kefir or water to the pitcher.
- Can't find or don't like buckwheat? Feel free to use chia, hemp or flaxseeds, or any chopped nut you desire!