Pomegranate is an antioxidant powerhouse packed with essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients, including vitamin K, potassium, vitamin C and fiber. When mixed with probiotic Lifeway Farmer Cheese and creamy goat cheese, it adds a burst of flavor for a cheese spread that is good for your belly and your taste buds!
- 3/4 cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, softened
- 1-2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils, plus more for garnish
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place baguette rounds on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush or spray the tops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly brown and crisp. When finished, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add goat cheese to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it is creamy and smooth. Next, add the Farmer Cheese and one tablespoon of kefir. Continue to beat until mixture becomes light and fluffy, about two minutes. If the mixture has a hard time coming together, add additional kefir, but don’t worry if there are a few chunks. Add in honey and a pinch of salt. Continue whipping an additional 20-30 seconds. Gently fold in the pomegranate arils with a spatula.
- If serving immediately, transfer the mixture to a serving dish, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pomegranate. Serve with warm crostini. If serving later, transfer mixture into a container with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.