In Japan, the color green represents life and energy. Keep the theme of vitality going this winter with this green parfait: a blend of fresh greens, plain kefir, and spirulina for a serene combination that makes you feel zen, inside and out.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- Place two (2) 16-ounce glasses in the freezer.
- Blend together the ingredient for the first green layer until completely pureed. Pour evenly into the two glasses and place back into the freezer. Leave glasses in the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- While the first green layer is chilling, blend the ingredient for the second layer.
- When 10 minutes has passed, gently tilt the first glass and slowly pour half of the 2nd green layer into the glass, tilting the glass upright as soon as the liquid starts to fill in on top of the first green layer.
- Repeat with the second glass. Place glasses back in the freezer while the white layer is prepared (5 minutes at least to help thicken the mixture).
- Blend the ingredients for the white layer. Following the pouring method suggestions, layer the white mixture on top of the green layer.
- Serve & Enjoy!