Indulge in the fresh flavors of spring’s finest berries with our Raspberry Kefir Mousse Tart with Date Nut Crust! This easy no-bake dessert pairs a fiber-filled, gluten-free crust with a rich mousse that has been lightened up with our probiotic Raspberry Lowfat Organic Kefir.
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Organic Raspberry Lowfat Kefir
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh raspberries + more to garnish
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 packet (2 ¼ tsp) gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- To make the filling: Place lemon juice in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Let sit until the gelatin softens, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree 3 cups raspberries until smooth, scraping down bowl as needed. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup, pressing on the solids to get out at much juice as possible; discard the solids.
- In a small saucepan, combine raspberry puree and sugar over medium heat. Cook until bubbles form at edge. Add gelatin mixture and cook, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl and let cool to room temperature, or about 20 minutes. This process can be sped up by placing the bowl in the refrigerator.
- To make the crust: While the raspberry puree is cooling, pulse the dates, walnuts, almonds and coconut in a food processor until a sticky paste or dough forms.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan (or any size spring form pan you want), or into the bottom of a parchment paper-lined baking dish (being sure to leave one inch of paper overhanging the pan for removal).
- To complete the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream in a large bowl until firm peaks form, about 4 minutes. Next, slowly beat in the kefir until fully incorporated.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in raspberry puree mixture until combined. Pour over date nut crust and tap gently to release any bubbles. Arrange additional raspberries on top as desired and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or up to overnight).
- Before serving, place in the freezer for roughly ten minutes (this helps keep the sides smooth when removing from the pan). Gently lift the tart out of the pan by grabbing the parchment paper, or by releasing the sides of the spring form pan.
- Transfer to a cake plate or serving tray and cut into desired serving size. (We think 10-12 is great.) Serve with additional kefir, whipped cream, and berries.
- Strawberries, raspberries or a mixture of berries also work in this recipe. So does any flavor of kefir you enjoy!