Set yourself up for an indulgent dessert classic with a healthy twist. The Lifeway Oat keeps this Silky Chocolate Strawberry Pudding light and fluffy while ensuring you get that same wonderful flavor and texture in a dairy-free form. We used Strawberry Lifeway Oat for this probiotic pudding, but you can use any flavor of Lifeway Oat that you enjoy. Just grab a spoon and dive in!
Not Just Oat Milk: Cultured Oat Milk Benefits to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion. Studies have also shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, a combination of fiber and probiotics is even more beneficial for the gut, immune system, and for brain health due to the way this combination strengthens the microbiome, the powerhouse system of your entire health. This is where Lifeway Oat is so beneficial since it is an organic, cultured oat milk beyond just another standard oat milk. Lifeway Oat contains both fiber and probiotics to help support a healthier body and brain, which means an overall healthier you.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.
- 2 fresh avocados, pitted and peeled
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 2/3 cup Strawberry Oat
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or raw agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract/flavoring
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, raw or toasted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- optional: flaky sea salt
- In a high-speed blender or large food processor, combine avocados, melted chocolate, dark cocoa powder, Lifeway Oat, maple syrup or agave, vanilla, and salt. Blend on medium speed (or process) until thick and creamy and no more lumps of avocado can be seen. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides, then blend on high speed until the mixture is silky smooth and has a whipped texture.
- Divide into 4-6 small ramekins, then top each one with the toasted hazelnuts, fresh strawberry slices, and (optionally), flaky sea salt. Serve immediately and enjoy, or chill first (up to 8 hours) in the fridge, then serve accordingly.