When we feel like eating our kefir with a spoon, we turn to this recipe for Strained Kefir with Fresh Pear, Nuts and Seeds. It’s perfect for a light meal or hearty snack that’s full of protein, fiber and healthy fats.
- 1 Lifeway Natural Kefir Cup
- 1 ripe pear, sliced*
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts and seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Ground nutmeg, to taste
- Honey, to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- To prepare the pears: clean, slice and remove the core of the pear. Add to a bowl with lemon juice and toss to coat. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To serve: add the Natural Kefir Cup to a bowl or parfait glass. Top with sliced and seasoned pears, nuts and seeds. Drizzle with honey, if desired, and serve cold.
- *Feel free to use sweet or sour apples, plums, bananas or berries - whatever is in season and you have on hand!