Servings: 4 servings
A tasty treat from our friend Chef Seamus Mullen: Farmer Cheese with Ginger-Rhubarb Confiture and Marcona Almonds. Created for 2017’s South Beach Wine & Food Festival®.
- 16oz Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 2oz raw honey
- 1 cup ginger-rhubarb confiture (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger sliced into thin threads
- 4 pieces star anise
- 1 Tbsp Rosewater (optional)
- 4 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup roasted Marcona almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Farmer’s cheese and honey and whisk together until fully incorporated.
- For the Confiture: In a medium sized sauce-pot, heat the butter over medium heat until foamy, then add the rhubarb, ginger and star anise and sauté until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add enough water to just cover the rhubarb mixture. Reduce to a simmer and cook until rhubarb breaks apart into compote, about 7-10 minutes. Adjust seasoning with rosewater and honey or maple syrup.
- Serve 4 oz of cheese mixture in a small bowl. Top with a dollop of confiture and finish with a sprinkle of Marcona almonds.