No summer is complete without our Grilled Chicken Skewers with Kefir Cucumber Raita! Keep it vegetarian by using tofu and your favorite veggies.
- FOR THE SKEWERS
- 2 cups Lifeway Organic Organic Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric, finely grated
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups eggplant, cubed into 1” pieces
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- FOR THE RAITA
- 2 cups Lifeway Organic Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup minced mint leaves
- ¼ cup minced cilantro, to garnish
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- FOR THE SKEWERS: Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Skewer the chicken, eggplant and tomatoes, alternating as you go, then grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- FOR THE RAITA: Combine all ingredients of the raita and blend in a food processor.
- Serve the skewers on a large platter, drizzled with the raita and sprinkled with the cilantro. Enjoy immediately.