Servings: 4 to 6
This refreshing soup is a great way to use the last of your summer produce and make a smooth transition to fall.
- 3/4 cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp sour cream, to garnish
- Chopped chives or scallions, to garnish
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cucumber, avocado and scallions. Pulse until the ingredients are thoroughly chopped.
- Add broth, Lifeway kefir and lemon juice and continue to process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill for 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste for seasoning and serve in chilled bowls with garnish.