Cookies ‘n (s)cream! All the ghosts and ghouls floating around may scare you, but our Cookies and Cream Toast featuring activated charcoal and Annie’s Homegrown Organic Chocolate Grabbits will help settle your nerves. The key ingredient is our probiotic farmer cheese, which may boost your mood and relieve stress. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy a new twist on an old classic.
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular.
Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
How to Eat More Prebiotics:
To optimize the environment for probiotics, it’s recommended to consume an accompanying prebiotic. Synbiotics are foods or supplements that contain both prebiotics and probiotics. Don’t let the name intimidate you, it’s very simple. If you’re making kefir smoothies (a source of probiotics) or pouring it over granola and fruit (source of probiotics), you’re eating a synbiotic meal.
Foods that contain prebiotics include fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. Simply pair them with probiotic-rich foods like kimchi, miso, tempeh, or kefir.
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1 tsp activated charcoal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 slices toasted pumpernickel bread
- 2-3 Annie’s Organic Chocolate Grabbits
- Take the farmer cheese and split it in two separate bowls.
- In one bowl, mix charcoal, 1 tsp powdered sugar, and farmer cheese together.
- In another bowl, mix farmer cheese with 1 tsp powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Swirl or layer the two mixtures over toasted pumpernickel bread, top with crumbled organic chocolate grabbits and enjoy!