These aren’t your typical mashed potatoes! Our extra creamy version blends Farmer Cheese, Parmesan cheese and kefir for a probiotic delight. This dish brings a whole new meaning to the term “comfort food.”
- ¾ cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- ¾ cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 3 lbs russet potatoes (peeled, if desired, and cut into 2” chunks)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Place potatoes into a large pot and add 2 tsp of salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender – about 20-25 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to the pot.
- Add the Parmesan, farmer cheese, kefir, butter, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper to the potatoes and mash to desired consistency (we like ours a little lumpy).
- Garnish which chopped chives and serve hot!