Trying to figure out how to elevate that bag of Brussels sprouts in your fridge? Well, we have the perfect recipe for you! Our Caramelized Brussels Sprout Toast is the tasty harmony of crunch, protein, and savory goodness. This toast includes a healthy serving of our farmer cheese, a mild Eastern European soft cheese that has a texture similar to ricotta. Each serving is loaded with 13 grams of protein and 12 live and active probiotic cultures to help support a healthy balance in the gut microbiome.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper, for taste
Dijon Farmer Cheese
- 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp dijon
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped or dried parsley
- sliced bread, toasted
- chopped walnuts, a small handful
- Caramelized Brussels Sprouts: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss your brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden enough to your liking! Toss them halfway.
- Dijon Farmer Cheese: In a small bowl, mix everything together and set aside.
- Assemble Toast: Take toasted bread and slather it with your dijon farmer cheese. Top your cheese with caramelized brussels sprout and chopped walnuts.