Brunch like a Parisian with our Strawberries & Cream French Toast. Each slice of brioche is dipped into batter made with our strawberry kefir, then stuffed with a puree of strawberries and our farmer cheese. Toss a few fresh strawberries — an excellent source of Vitamin C — on top of this sweet stack, then dust on some powdered sugar. Bon appetít!
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch slices. Cut slit into the middle of each slice of bread that extends the length of the bread (do not cut through the back end).
- In a separate bowl use a hand-blender to blend fresh strawberries into a puree.
- Once the puree is done, slightly mix together farmer cheese and puree.
- Scoop the puree and farmer cheese mix into a pastry bag, and squeeze it out into the slit of each slice of bread.
- Whisk together the vanilla extract, salt, strawberry kefir, and eggs.
- Soak the bread in the mixture and place them into the hot buttered pan.
- Top the french toast with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
- Enjoy every bite!