We’ve got a dreamy dairy-free drink that’s perfect for a post-workout shake! Our Strawberry Vanilla Protein Shake is fueled by Lifeway Oat, a delicious cultured probiotic oat milk with a texture so silky that you’ll wonder how you ever made smoothies without it. From there, we add an arsenal of muscle-building ingredients like plant-based protein powders and hemp seeds, then we toss in juicy fresh Medjool dates and bananas for some healthy carbs, potassium, B vitamins, fiber, and prebiotics. After the gym, do a few more exercises by lifting your blender and mixing up this healthy smoothie!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 5 mins Servings: 2
- 2 cups Strawberry Oat
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract (or 1/2 tsp. real vanilla bean powder)
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein or meal powder
- 1 fresh banana
- 2 pitted fresh Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw hemp hearts (hemp seeds)
- Splash of water
- Toppings: fresh strawberry slices, light coconut whip, sprinkle of cinnamon powder
- 1. Chill two glasses in the freezer while you prepare the shakes to help enhance the chilliness and flavor!
- 2. Add all the ingredients in the order listed to a high-speed blender, then blend on low and progress to high until everything is nice and creamy. To make thicker, add ice or more frozen strawberries and blend again until your desired texture is reached.
- 3. Pour into 2 chilled glasses, and top with fresh strawberries, light coconut whip, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!