- 2 butternut squash, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into 2” pieces
- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Bouquet of aromatic spices like peppercorns, coriander, clove, all spice, cinnamon and clove
- 10 cups cold water
- In a large stock pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Strain the broth of the vegetables and use immediately, or chill and store in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week.