Start your day with a Granola Breakfast Tart, a sweet and crunchy bite with berries, and our organic whole milk coconut honey kefir. Buy a bottle (and all the yummy organic whole milk flavors) today at Whole Foods! These tarts are made with cranberries for an excellent source of vitamin C; blueberries, pomegranate, and blackberries for their powerful antioxidants to protect cells from oxidative stress; and chia seeds for fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. Kefir is packed with protein, probiotics, and vitamin D, which are all the nutrients necessary to support a strong immune system. There’s nothing we can say except that we’ll be holding on to our healthy guts forever.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup Coconut Honey Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Combine oats, coconut, chia seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl, set aside
- Melt coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat
- Pour melted oil & honey over dry mixture and stir to coat well
- Place spoonful's of the mixture into greased tart tins, using the spoon to press in
- Bake for around 15 minutes, checking to ensure they don’t brown too quickly
- remove from the oven and working quickly press into the tin using the back of a spoon a second time
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tins
- Add spoonful's of the kefir mixture into each tart and top with desired fruits!