Chilled. Vibrant. Cleansing. Our Cucumber Avocado Soup is a refreshing recipe for your summer living. With hydrating cucumbers, probiotic kefir, and avocados rich in nearly twenty essential vitamins and minerals, this soup is a healthy way to rejuvenate.
- ¾ cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 ½ cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp sour cream, to garnish
- chopped chives or scallions, to garnish
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cucumber, avocado and scallions. Pulse until the ingredients are thoroughly chopped.
- Add broth, Lifeway kefir and lemon juice and continue to process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill for 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste for seasoning and serve in chilled bowls with garnish.