Servings: 8 to 10
Creamy with a hint of tang, our kefir-ized game day guacamole is perfect with chips, crackers, chopped veggies or as a sandwich spread.
- ½ cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 4 ripe avocados
- ½ red onion, minced (about ½ cup)
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ - 1 tsp chili powder (to taste)
- ½ ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop avocado out from peels and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocados. Stir in the kefir, chopped onion, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili powder and mash together.
- Keep tomatoes separate until you’re ready to serve.
- Store in the refrigerator with plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent browning.
- Just before serving, mix in the chopped tomato.