Straight from the second edition of our Made with Lifeway cookbook, this recipe for Probiotic Pumpkin Hummus adds seasonal flare to one of our favorite snacks. Enjoy it as a dip with warm pita bread and veggies, or as a savory spread on your sandwich or wrap.
- 4 Tbsp Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed, if canned)
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Pinch of paprika and fresh black pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy. Garnish with thyme springs and serve with warm pita bread, crudités or crackers.
- This hummus also makes a great sandwich spread!