It’s a proven fact: smashed avocado tastes delicious on toasted bread. (Because science!) This #ToastTuesday, we dare you to dress up your avocado toast with radishes, hard-boiled eggs, and our farmer cheese. It adds a touch of tang, a little crunch, and lots of probiotics to a millennial classic.
The Good Kind of Fats
Half an avocado has around 115 calories and 6.7 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, which are crucial for brain development, linked to lower blood pressure, and may reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Vitamin C (6mg) – which supports immunity and tissue growth/repair
- Folate (60mg) – necessary for brain, nervous system and cardiovascular functions
- Vitamin K (14 mg) – essential for strong bones and blood clotting
- Vitamin E (1.3 mg) – an antioxidant that protects against free radical tissue damage (free radicals from cigarette smoke, air pollution, and ultraviolet light from the sun).
- Potassium (345 mg) – avocados contain more potassium than bananas. Potassium is linked to healthy blood pressure levels, bone health, and supports digestion.
- Fiber – half an avocado contains almost five grams of dietary fiber. This fiber not only helps you feel fuller longer (meaning less snacking throughout the day), but it also supports and helps regulate digestion. A win-win!
- Lutein and zeaxanthin – may help maintain healthy eye-sight.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 small radishes
- Mix chives and farmer cheese together and spread over toasted bread.
- Layer on avocado, thinly sliced radish and, hard boil eggs.
- Drizzle toast with your mustard vinaigrette (stir mixture of mustard, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl).
- Garnish with chives and salt.