You’re going to go head over peels for this Banana Bread. We substituted sour cream in the original recipe with our vanilla kefir, which gives this loaf protein, calcium, and vitamin D. Pair a slice with coffee or a glass of vanilla kefir for a quick breakfast or mid-day snack. Just a few ingredients and love is all you need. It’s easy!
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
- 3-4 medium or large bananas
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Madagascar Vanilla Lowfat Kefir
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and beat until mixed.
- To the wet ingredients, sift in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined. Add in kefir and stir.
- Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined.
- Crumb Topping: Combine cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter, and mix until the topping looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle coating evenly over the batter.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it.