What’s our go-to trick for guilt-free desserts? Farmer Cheese, of course! It’s perfect for lightening up dense desserts without sacrificing flavor – our Creamy Farmer Cheese Pinwheels are the perfect example! Top them with dried fruit and nuts, or chocolate chips for a bite sized treat that’s perfectly sweet!
- 1 cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 2 8-oz packages prepared crescent roll dough (seamless is best)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: mini dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts or seeds, for filling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray, or lining with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the packages. Flatten the dough a bit using a rolling pin and then cut the dough into four inch squares. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat Farmer Cheese, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in optional ingredients..
- To form the pinwheel shape, slice a 2 inch cut from each corner towards the center of the dough square.
- Dollop ½ tablespoon of cheese mixture into the center of each square. Fold every other corner into the center over the cheese. Press lightly so the corners stay together.
- Transfer the pinwheels to the baking sheet. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips and/or nuts over the pinwheels, if desired.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pinwheels from baking sheet and place on cooling rack.