Remy Approved! It’s Toast Tuesday and we’re harvesting all the goodness from the garden and farmers market for our Grilled Ratatouille Toast. A smoky, crunchy, and probiotic take on a French classic. Are you going to make this?
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 4-6
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 clove garlic
- crushed red pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2-4 sunny side eggs
- 2-4 slice sourdough bread
- Coat the veggies (eggplant, pepper, onion, tomatoes) in olive oil and cook on the grill to get some awesome grill marks!
- Take the grilled veggies and dice them up and cook them through in a pan of hot oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss in a few leaves of chopped basil and set aside once the veggies are done cooking.
- Use the leftover pan oil to cook your eggs.
- Take a toasted breath and slather with farmer cheese and top with your grilled veggies and egg. Garnish with fresh basil!