With nutrient-dense greens, fruits, and Lifeway Oat, these bowls come together fast to deliver a satisfying breakfast or snack. Lifeway Oat is made with organic, gluten-free whole grain oats, a source of beta-glucans, a type of plant compound proven to relay better heart health. The 10 probiotic cultures in Lifeway Oat deliver a microbiome-pleasing experience to the very last spoonful, so whip a green smoothie bowl up today!
Not Just Oat Milk: Cultured Oat Milk Benefits to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion. Studies have also shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, a combination of fiber and probiotics is even more beneficial for the gut, immune system, and for brain health due to the way this combination strengthens the microbiome, the powerhouse system of your entire health. This is where Lifeway Oat is so beneficial since it is an organic, cultured oat milk beyond just another standard oat milk. Lifeway Oat contains both fiber and probiotics to help support a healthier body and brain, which means an overall healthier you.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.
- 1 Granny Smith green apple, washed, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Mixed Berry Oat
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 cups loose-leaf spinach or 50/50 greens mix
- 2 frozen bananas
- Blueberries for topping
- 1. In a high-speed blender, add Lifeway Oat Mixed Berry, spinach or mixed greens, Granny smith apple slices, and frozen bananas (or 2 cups frozen mango). Blend until thick and creamy. It should be very thick, so you may have to stop and scrape down the sides, then blend again.
- 2. Add ground flax seed meal, rolled oats, and blend again. This will help thicken it even further.
- 3. Scoop the smoothie bowl mixture into 2 bowls, then top each one with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.