Father’s Day is a day for grilling, so we’re sharing our newest summer recipe just in time to celebrate with the dads in your life. Our dad-approved Kefir-Marinated Chicken and Shrimp Kabobs are tender, juicy and full of flavor – they’re sure to please a crowd.
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes OR 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1-2 bell peppers, cut into squares
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of two lemons
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- Skewers, for grilling
- If using bamboo/wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Clean and preheat the grill to medium high heat. When the grill is ready to cook, spray the grates with grill-safe oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, spices, lemon juice and kefir. Add chicken or shrimp to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover bowl and place in a refrigerator to marinate for 3-5 hours (or at least 30 minutes).
- When ready to grill, alternate placing pieces of meat and bell pepper onto the skewers, leaving space between each piece.
- If using chicken, cook each skewer for 3-4 minutes and turn, or until done. If using shrimp, cook two minutes, then flip for an additional two minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce!